Thursday, August 09, 2007

White Shirts, a blessing or curse?

So, without really thinking about it I put on a white shirt this morning. Before I knew it, I had been spit up on 3 times. For now it's ok because Corey is still just on formula but what am I going to wear once he starts eating baby food and such. Is there a cute shirt out there that is green and orange so when I get peas and carrots spit up all over me I won't look like a mess? What's a mom to do? My mom wardrobe is farily limited as it is so going through 3 shirts a day isn't really going to be good. Does anyone have the magic solution? I didn't really have time to prepare much for this little guy so I'm trying to think ahead...

6 comments:

Emily said...

Hi Lori,
Thanks for stopping by the ol' blog. As for the shirts, I don't have much advice. I try to go either white (it bleaches) or dark (it hides). The only up side, if there is one, is that everyone knows you have a baby so any sort of spot, new or old, is forgiven because people assume it just happened and you haven't had time to change :)

Kristen said...

Hi Lori! Congratulations on your new little boy! He is so little and beautiful. All I can say is enjoy this time with your little baby because they turn into monsters! :) I just stumbled onto your blog and I am so excited for you!

Oh and if you don't know who Kristen is...Kristen DeLange....California.....remember?

Brit said...

All I have to say is Tide pens and shout wipes were in my diaper bag 24/7. They are the best! Luckily by the time they're eating peas and carrots, the spit up will be a lot less. It'll just be stains from him throwing it or splatting it on you. I think black is the best for hiding stuff or just wear an old t-shirt. I seriously love girls night out since it's the only time I can pull out my nice clothes again. Good luck! I'm dying to see more pictures of this little bundle of joy!

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW! I was looking on Debbie's blog page and was finding web site addresses for family and came upon yours...basically being nosy. I didn't realize it was YOU! CONGRADULATIONS! I am soo excited for you and your husband! Oh, yea, this is Kim Berezay from St. George...here's hoping you remember! Your baby is soo cute. How fun. We actually would love to adopt but are unsure how it all works AND are dirt poor and just sure it wouldn't work till a few years down the road! :) Visit our blog page sometime! I'd love to hear from you! I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember my web address but just go to Debbie Sell's and click on my link! I'm soo happy for you guys! How's the rest of your family?

The Carlii said...

Lori, there's nothing quite like Fels Naptha. You can find it in the cleaning section of your local grocery story. It's a bar of yellow soap in a white wrapper. It takes out just about everything including that gross yellow baby poop. (You do of course realize that being a new mom it's only a matter of time until you get pooped on...)

brit said...

Oh my gosh, Lori.....your baby is so adorable. So are you! Kim just showed me your blog and I had to write you and tell you how happy we are for you! We love adoption.....per Mike! Also, I am just happy cause I know you are going to be the MOST amazing mother EVER! Anyways, visit my blog in between diaper changes and bottles! Love you LOTS!
Britney (from the BH 4th!)