Saturday, January 26, 2008

Miscellaneous Mentions

I think of my self as a decent house keeper. I try to do the dishes daily, we pick up after ourselves, and while things aren't spotless, they are always presentable...or so I thought. Then I got a new vacuum and this is what I found after one swoop through most of the house. YUCK! I can't believe I let my son play on these floors. I think I may develop a vacuuming addiction. Nothing like a pretty turquoise and sparkly purple vacuum to motivate me to work :-)



Next, a little something for Pops. Jim and I were working on a little home improvement project today and had some tools out when Corey woke up from his nap. We brought him out to where we were working and all he could think about was this little dewalt tool kit. I tried to distract him with other toys but to no avail, he knew what he wanted, so I finally gave in- plastic is good for teething right?





Finally- was anyone else annoyed by the Miss America contest tonight? I have been watching Miss America Reality Check on TLC for the last few weeks and I had high hopes that the contestants would take some of changes that they made to heart, but to no avail. I was also disappointed that the judges for the actual contest judged the girls so much differently than the TLC show. I saw a little smaller hair, a little less makeup, a little less dress but much the same elsewhere. I think it was a pretty big let down after the 4 weeks of "reality check".

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I was ticked about Miss America...especially after they picked Michigan. Her dress was horrible and there were some way better options...like Wisconsin. But I'm glad to see that mom's tradition of watching Miss America has been passed down to her daughters. By the way your little boy is way cute i can't wait to see him this weekend. love you.