Well, it's official. Corey's adoption is final and we are glad that part is behind us. We had a great day. Jim's parents happen to be in Idaho for a reception so they were able to come over for the finalization. We also had Jim's sister Shelly, SIL Angela and our friend Jennifer there. Being in front of the judge was a special experience and we all had to laugh when both Shelly and Angela said that they were Jim's brother/brother-in-law and then quickly corrected it to be sister and sister-in-law. After introductions, the judge told everyone to relax because only Jim and I would have to answer questions. Our attorney asked us if we were going to take care of Corey and how he fit into our family. I almost cried when Jim told the Judge what a blessing he has been to us and how wonderfully he fits into our family. I got the same question and all I can say is that Corey is a Joy. I could hardly keep myself in check when the Judge said that she thought that the adoption would be the best thing for the baby and she legally changed his name to Corey Alexander and sealed the record. We never had any worries that there would be problems finalizing things but it is sure nice to know that he is legally our son now. Yipee! Now for the eternal step, I can't wait.
Here is a picture of us with the Judge McGregor-Irby, and our most recent family picture.

8 comments:
OK I cried when I saw your family picture. How wonderful that is. We are so happy for you and of course Corey fits into our family!!! I now understand what you meant by almost all questions were answered correctly!!! Love you guys!
Congratulations! That is SO exciting! Doug and I are so happy for your guys and Corey is just too cute. Lori...absolutely love your haircut.
We are so happy for you. We love Corey to pieces and can't wait to get together again. Thanks for sharing him with us.
Congratulations! What a special and spritual day for you guys!
Hooray! You guys are such a good lookin' family. Corey has your eyes, Lori, and Jim's haircut :). I'm so glad you are blogging more often these days! Call me.
yay! Congratulations! What a neat experience and I'm so, so, so happy for you!
Hey, Shelley and I felt the tension in the room so we were just trying to break it with a little laughter...hee hee. I found your blog! yay!
I am soooo happy for you guys! Just reading that has me teary-eyed, but in a good way! WOOHOO!
Post a Comment