About 4 weeks ago a(one a Thursday when Jim was out of town) Corey had a bit of a breakthrough. He got up on all four and started rocking, he learned to clap and he ate a pickle. Each of these was a development in its self, especially the pickle because before he wouldn't take anything but a bottle and a cracker. Anyway, for the last few weeks I've been watching him and it always looked like he was just about ready to crawl but then he'd get tired and lay on his tummy. On Thursday (another day when Jim was out of town) he finally did it. We were in my bathroom and he saw a tractor he wanted across the room. Next thing I knew he was making his way toward it. I'm pretty excited about his new skills but also nervous. He is already getting into more and by getting into I mean more is getting into his mouth. Your best babyproofing advise would be much appreciated. We are total rookies (as shown by the fact that already this morning Corey has tried to eat a battery, dog bone, doggie chew toy, ipod charger and a piece of wood)
Along with crawling Corey has learned to sit up on his own. I am a big fan of this becasue now instead of yelling for me to come and sit him up, he can just roll up onto his own bum. Yipee!
Our final development is that Corey had his first real cold. YUCK! No one ever told me how gross it is when a baby is sick! There was snot everywhere and just when I thought I had it all cleaned up, I looked at his crib sheet. More dried snot. Poor baby. I think the whole experience was probably made worse for him by the fact that I had to put him in a headlock just to use the snot sucker. Hopefully by next cold season he will have learned to blow.
I Love Photography! by The Pioneer Woman
13 years ago

5 comments:
I couldn't get the video to work
:o( so I will just have to come over to your place to see this new feat!!
As far as baby proofing? Just get on your hands and knees and crawl around with Corey, and you'll see exactly what he can get into! Time to move cleaners to an upper cupboard too. :o) Yay for Corey!
Awesome for you that Corey is crawling! Sara is so lazy - she only knows how to roll in one direction - back to front on the left side. Oh well. Guess she's just "content". For babyproofing? I agree with Ang - get on the floor and you'll see everything. I seriously have to vacuum everyday and make Kirk pick up his toys (of course, Sara isn't crawling - but I have to get him in the habit).
Such a cute video Lori. When your Mom was out here and saw that you had called she was so excited, "Oooh, I bet Corey crawled!," was all she could say while she dialed you back. As for the baby proofing, it's impossible, just make sure you have the poison control number sticker on the back of every phone, it's all you can do. And when you call them tell them your part of the Musso family--they know us well!
Congrats on the crawling! I would wrap Maren up like a newborn in a blanket to suck out her nose. She hated it. Luckily she has learned how to blow her nose now.
Where have you ran off to my friend?!
Post a Comment