Thursday, April 03, 2008

Silly little monkey!

Corey is getting more and more mobile and we recently had a scary breakthrough. He has been playing by the stairs a lot but never really paid attention to them until the other day. At first I saw this...
I was curious as to what he would do so, while standing within an arm's distance, I let him go. He was a little slow and cautious on the first step and then he took off. Next thing I knew, he was half way up the stairs with no fear....

Finally he made it to the top and couldn't wait to look through the railing. Man, I am going to have my hands full with this one. Time for a baby gate!

4 comments:

Angela said...

heh heh, what a smart boy! He's going to keep you hoppin'! But don't worry, the first time one of my kids fell down the stairs I thought I had killed them! (as you know they are all still alive) Nope, they cried a little and headed right back up them! Boys have hard heads, lol.

Krystal Trapnell said...

Stairs are scary! Cute pjs, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Remember the house in St. George...my parents house with those steep stairs? I was fixing dinner and asked my mom to watch Sam while she was downstairs....10 min. later I see Sam at the top of the stairs...proud as ever.....with no supervision. I about freaked! Ahhh, growth!

Emily said...

Good luck--it's all I can offer. For some stupid reason I have never had a baby gate. Joseph was the first to fall down (due to an altercation with Will at the top of the stairs) but thanks to a landing, he wasn't hurt permanently. Your mom said little Corey already bonked his head--so sorry--but don't worry. I am always amazed at how resilient these little ones are.