Monday, June 09, 2008

A crazy few days

So, we got the call that things were going to work out on June 5th. I stayed up at camp because there wasn't really anything I could do at home, and Jim was still out of town. I went home on Thursday night and on Friday just drove around for hours. I didn't know what to do with myself. We thought that the baby would probably be born the following tuesday so you can imagine our shock when we got a call on Saturday (June 9)saying he was coming. We immediately made plans to go to CA and had less than 24 hours at home to get ready for a baby. Luckily I had boughten a few baby things over the years. We got a call at 7pm saying that he had been born. We were ecstatic! It was hard to believe that hitngs were moving so quickly. We went on our last date as non-parents that night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

does your child not sleep for more than one paragraph at a time?! Just kidding....I'm sure you are doing things that are WAY more important than typing out things for MY knowing! ;) From what I remember of Mike's adoption....it was the same way...one day nothing the next pandamoniam!