So, our lives were pretty boring from January until June 5. Aside from quitting my job in May, I didn't really feel like I had anything to report. All that changed about 7 weeks ago. While I was at Girls Camp, Jim called and told me that there was a pretty good chance that we were going to get a baby. The rest of camp was kind of a blur and on June 9 we found out that we had a son!!!! We picked him up on June 11 in Southern California, and life since then has been anything but normal. We have answered a million questions since then so here are answers to our top 10 questions...
1. His name is Corey Alexander Schroath
2. He was born June 9, 2007 at 6lb 11oz 19 inches
3. We have not met his birthparents but we hope to meet his birthmother soon.
4. Corey is an awesome sleeper and he gets up once per night around 3:30am
5. We had approximately 3 days notice from the time that we knew we were going to for sure get him to when we picked him up.
6. We went to CA equipped with a carseat, pack and play, and 5 outfits. Over the 5 days we were in the OC we made approximately 10 trips to Target for the "necessities"
7. We used LDS Family Services for the adoption and they were awesome!
8. We will be able to finalize the adoption in December (if all goes well) at that point we will be able to have him sealed to us and we can bless him.
9. I LOVE being a Mom!
10. Jim is the cutest dad ever :-)
I get asked what Corey looks like a lot. Rather than describe in detail all of his wonderful qualities, I decided to post pictures...
I Love Photography! by The Pioneer Woman
13 years ago



7 comments:
So glad you updated your Blog!!! I loved the pictures. He is darling.
I am so was so Excited to here how you are doing!! CONGRADULATIONS!! I love the pictures, the one with you holding him, and your all smiles is just priceless.
And the baby's room is so cute, you are so talented with all your sewing and quilting!!
Tell Jim hi for us and again we a so very happy for the both of you.
- Kathy and Wade Lehrschall
( I always check Angie's and Kristin D, blogs and was so excited to see your update its fabulous!!)
P.S.
Sorry for the typo above!!
LORI and JIM...CONGRATS!!! Oh my goodness you guys this is the best news ever. Doug and I are over joyed for you and your little family.
I have to agree with Kathy in that pic of you and Corey is just the cutest. Congratulations!!!
Ok so I cried when I saw the little slide show! He is soooo cute. Congrats!!! We are so happy for you. Wish you were closer so I could do a baby shower for you.
Hi Lori,
I was so glad to see new stuff on your site! I figured little Corey might be a great reason to post. The slide show is awesome. Can't wait to see him again at Christmas.
So I keep coming back to look at the picture of Lori holding Corey--it is priceless! We are so amazingly excited for you guys. He is a beautiful little guy and we look forward to seeing more pictures!
Post a Comment