Sunday, September 02, 2007

Random Thoughts...

So, I have been thinking about all of the things that I wanted to post on the ol' blog. Instead of making many entries I'm just going to have at it.

First- I have been thinking about getting a Bumbo. Corey is to a point where he wants to look around and be sitting up, but he can't do it on his own. I've heard that Bumbos are good but I want some more input. Does anyone have one? Are they worth the expense? Here is a picture of one for those of you who don't know what they are. Basically they help babies, ages 3 months up, sit up on their own while being fully supported.


Second, a little update on my recipe challenge. Last week I made Confetti Zucchini Bars. They were awesome! I got the recipe from a lady in my ward and I was pretty impressed. Think carrot cake bars with a cream cheese frosting that is to die for...

Here's the recipe-

Confetti Zucchini Bars

2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 cups zucchini (grated)
1 cup carrot (grated)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup oil
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup rolled oats

Mix all together and bake in a jelly roll pan at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 cup butter
4 oz. cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar

I also topped my bars with 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans. I think the things that makes the frosting are the butter and almond extract. Yummy- what a great way to use up some of that end of summer zucchini

Third- Isn't blogging great! In the last few weeks I have heard from at least 5 people that I haven't seen for years. I love that we can keep up on each others lives and stay in contact via the internet. Thank goodness for Al Gore :-)

Fourth- The other day Jim checked the blog (after calling me to find out what the address was) and he said "I think that it looks really nice. I like all of the pictures of Corey but why aren't there any pictures of you." I guess that gives you a little insight into who our family photographer is. Silly boy. He must have been feeling a little guilty so today after church I got my picture taken :-). When Jim and Corey showed up to church today (I went early for a meeting), I had to supress the giggles at Corey's outfit. His Pacific Islander style is startig to show...

T""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5105809147425535250"

Fifth- This summer inbetween my calling, girls camp, a newborn and traveling Jim and I have been finishing our basement. We are almost done and this week I painted Corey's little play room under the stairs. It's kind of a good thing that our little guy came along when he did because I was about to paint the room pink and put a kitchen in it for our nieces... Here's a little preview. If you would like the full show, you'll have to visit beautiful Boise, Idaho.



Sixth- Boise State football is at fever pitch here in good ol' Boise. People are pretty much crazy about it. As a result, the first thing my friend Jenn did when she found out that Corey was coming was buy him a little Bronco outfit. The season opener was this week I thought it was only fitting that Corey wear his gear. As they say, when in Rome... We will have to get him a little Cougar outfit soon so Jim won't feel bad.




Finally (I promise) We have big news; our little Corey slept through the night 3 times this week. Now, I'm not talking 6 hours and telling myself it was through the night, I mean through the night. He went down between 8 and 9pm and woke up around 7:30 the next morning. You would think I would feel great the next day but it seriously through me off. Funny huh. I'm sure that I'll get used to it and for now we are celebrating (albeit quietly, as the tyke is sleeping)

As I can't post any pictures of him sleeping, here are a few tidbits from the past 10 days.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow...again! i had no idea you were in Boise! We find out...hopefully this week if we got the zone mng. position in Meridian! I'm just praying...literally....we get it. It's either that or Vernal. I know so many people up around Meridian and now I get to add one more! K...so Jason hates it when I do this, but the church world is just a tad small...so...do you know...Jason and Colleen Piippo or Bart and Luanne George? Let me know! Keep checking my blog, I've actually been updating dailyish. But for sure when we get the job (see how I'm staying positive)and we will for sure have to get together! P.S. I LOVE the broncos!...and yes I mean the boise state broncos :) our email is one2manydiapers@hotmail.com

Brit said...

Well congrats on sleeping through the night! That is awesome! As for a bumbo, I don't have one myself since I didn't know about them when i had Ethan. All my friends have one and they love them! You can stick up in there so they can look out, you can feed them in there when you start solids, and they're less fussy because they can sit up. I think it's a good idea. Maybe you can find a used one on craig's list or something. I think they're normally like 30-40 bucks at Target. Anyway...I have a ton of great recipes for you to try so I'll send you a few. What's your e-mail? Well, cute picture of you and little Corey. I'm also rarely in our blog pictures unless I ask Ry to take them.

Krystal Trapnell said...

We borrowed a bumbo from my sister-in-law for Kyla to try. She's a bit chubby and her legs are already almost too big for it. She looks so cute in it, though, and I like how portable it is. Personally, I don't think it's worth the money, but if you could find one cheaper, they are pretty cool.

CONGRATS on sleeping through the night! What a big milestone. Life is so much better when you are getting sleep. I love the ABC room what a cute idea!

Anonymous said...

What in the world is a Bumbo. Nothing like new gadgets to make a girl feel OLD! Back in the stone age....5 years ago.....I used pillows! Or a...I can't remember the name....shaped like a u, a pillow for nursing, etc. And for our 3rd baby we used the car seat. We would strap him in and prop it up. Happy as a lark as long as he could see what was going on and not feel like he was laying down...and it didn't stunt his sitting up progress! But...if this works...go for it. My thought too is...one more baby paraphanelia to move out of the way or trip over! :)

Anonymous said...

My sister loves her bumbo, so I bought one for Emily, she is too small to use it though so I am not sure how well it will work. The thing I thought was cool is that you can also buy a tray to go on it so you can use it when they start eating. I envy your new sleeping situation. It would be awesome to sleep for more than 4 hours at a time; however, at this point I feel pretty lucky to sleep for that long.

Emily said...

Seriously, Joseph doesn't sleep though the night hardly. Lucky, lucky you!

Unknown said...

Hola....Jim sent me the site. My cousins in Boise have a Bumbo and love it. Sent Jim pictures...make sure he shows you.

Davis said...

Jim and Lori, SHAME ON YOU!! How could you let Cory wear that trash? Putting a BSU onesie on a helpless baby is absolute child abuse. What will it do to his self esteem? As Cougars you should never permit this to happen. Burn the onesie...or just use it as a rag.