Sunday, February 08, 2009

A little craziness and a lot of fun!

I received the following comment on my last post:

Hi Lori Lynette,

I discovered your weblog through correspondence with my friend, Corey. Over a tall Starbucks Special, he and I discussed his rising status as an Internet sensation. However, the conversation eventually drifted to musings about his future in politics. No doubt you are aware of his aspirations already (though, I'm told, he has some competition within the family).

The permanence of Internet communication has added new dimensions to American political dialog, and prospective candidates for the high offices of the Land must be ever wary of incongruous events, relationships, and actions in the record of their lives. As such, Corey expressed concern to me over the picture currently headlining your little piece of the World Wide Web. He indicated that, in addition to his desire for a greater degree of privacy, the image of him clad in naught but the washroom air could be a concern for him on the campaign trails of the future. Members of the media, political opponents, and others unfamiliar with the comfort of family life may mistake such memorabilia as evidence of a misguided or wayward youth.

On a related note, while perusing your former works, I noticed that your discussion of your recent family activities (nuptials) was limited to a one-sentence reference to your beautiful little sister. Perhaps your readers were confused at the omission of any relevant details. But for the picture, they may have been wondering if this marriage was a two-person activity at all.

That said, I find your weblog informative and pleasing to the eye - though, I do wonder if you somehow misplaced your keyboard in mid-October. You have a bright future in journalism.

Regards,

A Friend of Cory
(And expert on Old Hickory)



After reading it, I decided that rather than face further ridicule, I should just update our blog. So Here goes....

It seems like life never slows down. In the last few months I have worked on countless projects, helped my husband pack and unpack from countless trips, and saved my son from countless near disasters. I guess that's the life of a mom huh. Good thing I LOVE it!

Our little Corey is getting so big! Sometimes when I look at how much he is growing I am sad but it's so fun to see him learn that I can't be sad for long. He is saying a plethora of words, his favorite being "no" and "Daddy." I'm not so fond of "No" but what can I do, he's 20 months old and that's what they do. My favorite thing that he has been doing is singing. He loves Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and sings it over and over. You can only really understand the words How I but the tune is there. I love seeing his little look of concentration when he is singing or trying to figure something out. I am also loving that he understands me. It was like a little light went on one day and now we can communicate instead of me just talking all the time and him ignoring me. Now of only he would learn to communicate with words instead of hitting and fits.

Sorry the slide show is so long, but then again four months means a lot of pictures for the mamarazzi. Also, just so you know, Corey doesn't wear his pajamas all the time and he doesn't always have a runny nose (though you might question both of these things by looking at the pictures).



PS
Just to avoid confusion my Sis married an adorable guy who just happens to be the best Uncle Corey could ask for! Happy now Ryan :-)

7 comments:

Emily said...

It was so great to read that you are alive!:) And that you guys are doing well. We need more of you!
p.s. The slide show wasn't working for me...

Becky said...

Yay! You're alive! But we need to have words about the frequency of your blog posting..

Also, slide show not working.

XOXO!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are back :-)

Grammy said...

This baby is ADORABLE

Anonymous said...

Hooray for an update! Corey is as adorable as ever...

Anonymous said...

I dig the pictures, except we need a picture with him and a few of his balls. Such as his basketball, football, soccerball. It would balance well with his other talents of playing the piano and reading books!

Tiffany said...

You've done it again...hooked us all with the cute pictures of your adorable monkey and then left us hanging for another month just wishing for more. hope you and em had fun...i want to see pictures of all the crafty things you've been up to in addition to more sneaky things corey's been doing. love you!